Hello everyone. I have been divorced now for 4 years. I was divorced in the state of Oklahoma and my ex-wife lives in Texas.
I recently was granted full custody of both children and she was ordered to pay child support which she refuses to do. This past week, I was served via certified mail divorce papers. My ex-wife is divorcing me again!! I don’t understand how she is able to do this considering we are already divorced and have been for 4+ years.
I am a full time student and not able to afford an attorney and Legal Aid doesn’t handle divorces. Should I contact her attorney myself and see what is going on or hire an attorney and pay out the wazoo just to figure out why I am being served divorce papers?
Those are good questions… the issues involving us does require a precise summary (perhaps someone will volunteer to review and recap the last messages… 😉
Regarding the recent Presidential Elections, I would like to highlight part of the joint statement issued by US Supreme Court Justices Stephen Breyer, John Paul Stevens, and Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 13 December 2000:
“It is confidence in the men and women who administer the judicial system that is the true backbone of the rule of law. Time will one day heal the wound to that confidence that will be inflicted by today’s decision [reversing the Florida Supreme Court decision to order a manual recount of ballots].
One thing, however, is certain. Although we may never know with complete certainty the identity of the winner of this year’s presidential election, THE IDENTITY OF THE LOSER IS PERFECTLY CLEAR. IT IS THE NATION’S CONFIDENCE IN THE judge AS AN IMPARTIAL GUARDIAN OF THE RULE OF LAW.”
[emphasis in capital letters added]
So the election brings to the forefront the issues of JUDGES. We, fathers, have lost our confidence, over many years, in those judges who have not upheld their duty as impartial guardians of the “best interest of the child,” so written in law but widely neglected in their court rulings.
As for fathers’ rights, my personal view is embodied in this quote:
“The issue here isn’t simply fathers’ rights or mothers’ rights but the right of children to have two parents actively involved in their lives.”
We must consider acting as advocates for the fundamental rights of children, first and foremost.
There is a total of 262 members in this community. My first question. And I am requesting that all the fathers in the club to answer these questions.
- What do you father intend to do to resolve the issue of Dads in family court?
- If we as fathers are aware that there is no rights organization for fathers what is this group think should be down to resolve that problem?
- And do you believe that there is a solution to the problem that we father are facing?
- Do you think that father are going to have more problems with Trump as President?
- And if a father is President why is fathers rights being and issue in Family Court?
- If we are aware that there is a problem in our court system why are we not protesting in the same manner as women?
- Do we as fathers believe that we do not really have the right to vote after the Supreme Court Ruling?